You can automatically add supporters who opt in on your Campaignion page to a group in Mailchimp.
Connecting Mailchimp interest groups in Campaignion
- Make sure the newsletter field is on the page and connected to your Mailchimp supporter list. Save the form then reopen the form edit page.
- Drag ‘Mailchimp interests’ form item onto the form.
- You should then see all of your groups appear in the form and set to off.
- As with all form fields, you can add a label to this and set it to ‘private’ if you don’t want your supporters to see the boxes.
- To change the default of the groups to ‘on’ visit: https://your.subdomain.org/node/xxx/webform/components. Find the interest groups and click ‘edit’
- Whichever groups you want to be ‘on’ toggle to ‘on’. Scroll down and click save
IMPORTANT: the tags used for your action under "advanced settings" --> "auto segmentation" must never have the exact same name as a MC interest group. Otherwise an interest group will be assigned too.