Campaignion holds the following data:
- Contact records with various fields like “first name”, “last name”, email and postal address, and various person-related data. The contact records also contains the Campaignion tags for segmentation, for example.
- Activity time stamp with the type of action, like “donation”, and a reference to the complete form data for this person.
- Form data which contain the data people put in the form and some webform tracking data.
- Payment made on a Campaignion form.
- Opt-ins and opt-outs on the newsletter subscription, phone opt-in and post opt-in fields.
- LogCRM events, which are small "real-time" data packages that contain all form submissions and contact changes. They essentially include all data Campaignion collects about a user.
Currently, Campaignion users can download the following data themselves:
- Contact data, via the Supporter Management interface, and
- Form data, via the Results interface of the form
Upon request, we can also generate custom CSV file exports of the data of your choice.
You can integrate your Campaignion installation with a fundraising/main CRM system through
A manual CSV file
CSV files can be exported by Campaignion users from Campaignion and imported into the CRM system or email marketing tool. To get these, log into Campaignion and export the data from the form results or the supporter management.
Automatic export of CSV files
Once setup via support, contact records, activities, form data, payments, opt-ins and opt-outs are exported every night as CSV files to an exchange NextCloud folder. Then, they can be downloaded by any person of your organisation, and the files can be imported to the CRM/fundraising tool. Depending on the IT setup of the organisation, the import process can also be automated using Webdav.
Find out more on this useful Campaignion feature here!
An integration with LogCRM
Custom CRM integration
The Campaignion user can hire more onion to build an integration with the CRM system of your choice, provided the CRM system has an API. In this case, more onion would develop code that sends data to the API of the CRM system. This could contain data such as form submissions, contact changes, etc. so it could essentially send all data to the CRM.
Get in touch with us to discuss any of these options!