The action type Email to Target has several data sets available. There is one for MPs, for MEPs, etc.These can't be edited or used for other purposes as they are restricted (We are trying to change that!).
But it is possible to add your own data set and edit it as you please!
How do we do that?
- Let's take a look at our second step on our new Email to Target action. Here we can choose our dataset, by clicking on "Edit your target dataset".
It will open up a box that holds all available data sets. Both out of the box and your custom created ones.
- On the right upper corner you will find a button labelled "Add new dataset".
- You will see a broader box that will allow you to edit your new dataset. You have two possibilities here:
- Add them manually by clicking on the individual empty fields and adding the data directly. Hitting the save button to complete the entry. Add a new record by clicking on "Add a new target" on the left bottom side.
- Or you choose to upload your own CSV file. This can be loaded by clicking on "Upload dataset (CSV)". The CSV file needs to feature the same headers as the displayed table, to allow matching entries.
- If you now hit the "save" button on the right bottom corner, you completed setting up your custom dataset. Congratulations!
This dataset will now be available in the list on the second step described in this article. And this dataset can of course be edited and modified.
Note: These datasets are available for all your Email to Target actions. Editing the dataset on one action will also edit it on all other actions, which also affects live actions. Therefore only make changes in your live action datasets with care!